OC Healthcare Programs
The mission of Maternal Child and Adolescent Health (MCAH) is to advance Orange County (OC) as a place where all women of reproductive age, infants, children, adolescent, and families will live in a safe, healthy, and nurturing environment. MCAH Program is responsible for the planning, implementing and evaluating of services that address the health priorities and primary needs of infants, mothers, children and adolescents, and their families in Orange County through ongoing assessment, policy development and quality assurance. Programs that are funded under MCAH are the Adolescent Family Life Program (AFLP), Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Program, Prenatal Care Guidance (PCG) Program, and Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP).
MCAH Programs staff is comprised of physicians, public health nurses, social workers, health educators, epidemiologists, research analysts, nutritionists, administrators, and support staff. Funding is provided through Title V, XIX (Medicaid), and local County Fund.
1. Improve birth outcomes
2. Reduce the number of uninsured children
3. Reduce high-risk adolescent behavior
4. Increase immunization rates
5. Increase exclusive breastfeeding rates
6. Reduce the number of overweight and obese children
· Nurse-Family Partnership® is an evidenced-based, nurse home visiting program that improves the health, well-being and self-sufficiency of low-income, first-time parents and their children.
· Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (PMAD) are related to mood and anxiety symptoms that occur during pregnancy or up to one year postpartum.
· Prenatal Care (if you are pregnant or think you are pregnant, getting into early and regular prenatal care can improve pregnancy outcomes and deliver a healthy baby)
· Having a Healthy Pregnancy (learn what you can do before, during, and after pregnancy to give your baby a healthy start to life)
· Healthy Body, Mind, and Environment (find information about health considerations for women and their partners before they become pregnant for the first time or between pregnancies, often called preconception health)
· Breastfeeding (resources for the public, professional, and hospitals)
· Pregnant and Parenting Teens (a case management program for pregnant and parenting teens)
· Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP) (a perinatal support services program provided by certified CPSP providers)
· Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) (a program that provides home visits to support families who experience SIDS death)
2. Prenatal Care Guidance Program (PCG) (출산 플랜 II)
If you are pregnant or think you are pregnant, we are here to assist you in getting into early and regular prenatal care.
The purpose of PCG is to provide outreach to pregnant women to inform, motivate, and assist them in obtaining early, consistent, and appropriate prenatal care. This can decrease the incidence of low birth weight infants and improve pregnancy outcomes. A list of obstetrical care providers within the community is maintained for clients needing help with obtaining a care provider. You can access the PCG program by calling the Toll-Free Health Referral Line at 1-800-564-8448. You will receive assistance in applying for pregnancy related Medi-Cal benefits or obtain a positive pregnancy test at one of our pregnancy testing clinics.
You Don't Have To Wait For Prenatal Care
You may be eligible for a special Medi-Cal program called Presumptive Eligibility (PE).
· Presumptive Eligibility (PE)
Presumptive Eligibility (PE) for Pregnant Women is a Medi-Cal program which provides immediate, temporary coverage for prenatal care to low-income pregnant women and teens pending a formal Medi-Cal application.
· What services does PE provide?
o Free pregnancy tests
o Prenatal care which may include 10-15 visits with your doctor
o Laboratory tests and advice about your pregnancy
· How can PE help you?
PE is the first step to getting Medi-Cal coverage for pregnancy related care. It is important to see a doctor as soon as you suspect you may be pregnant. Don’t let your income or lack of insurance status delay you in getting prenatal care.
· How to Apply for PE and Medi-Cal Pregnancy Related Benefits
To apply ask your medical provider or you can call a Medi-Cal representative at 1-800-824-0088 or call our Health Referral Line at 1-800-564-8448
To obtain more information about the Physician Referral List or to become a PCG provider and have your name and practice listed; please call the Comprehensive Perinatal Services Coordinator (CPSP) at 714-834-8227.
3. Healthy Families ( 청소년 의료비 지원플랜)
Healthy Families is low cost insurance for children and teens. It provides health, dental and vision coverage to children who do not have insurance and do not qualify for free Medi-Cal.
How do I get an application form or get assistance with my program application for Healthy Families?
Anaheim Interfaith Shelter
UCI Family Health Center
Western Medical Center
Boys & Girls Club -- Park Dental Clinic
Share Our Selves (SOS)
Sierra Health Center
The Medical Safety Net (MSN) Program was established in January 2014 by the County of Orange Health Care Agency to meet Orange County’s obligations under California Welfare and Institutions Code Section 17000.
The MSN Program delivers care through a partnership between the County of Orange and the private medical community for low-income adults providing urgent, emergent medical services and necessary follow-up care through a public-private partnership between the Orange County Health Care Agency and community health care providers, hospitals, and community clinics.
The MSN Program provides only necessary medical services to protect the patient from the loss of life or limb, prevent significant disability and/or the serious deterioration of health. The MSN program does not cover preventive medical treatments. Please review the MSN Member Handbook for more information on eligibility qualifications, covered services, and service locations. You can also contact the MSN Program at 714-834-6248.
Please note that all potential MSN enrollees are eligible to purchase comprehensive, commercial health coverage from Covered California – California’s online health insurance marketplace – during the open enrollment period. For more information, please visit their website or call them directly at 800-300-1506.
What is the Medical Safety Net (MSN) Program?
The Medical Safety Net (MSN, formerly the MSI program) is Orange County’s safety-net program for lawful Orange County residents between the ages of 19 and 64 with income from 138% up to 200% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) who do not have any other health coverage to pay for their urgent medical needs.
The MSN Program delivers care through a partnership between the County of Orange and the private medical community. MSN provides for services that are medically necessary to protect life, prevent significant disability, or prevent the serious deterioration of health. The Medical Safety Net Program does not provide comprehensive health coverage, primary, or preventive care.
Most individuals who meet the eligibility criteria for the MSN Program qualify for financial assistance to purchase comprehensive, commercial health coverage through Covered California – California’s online health insurance marketplace. Please contact Covered California at 800-300-1506 for more information on available plans and the next open enrollment period.
What services does MSN cover?
The MSN Program covers necessary medical services to protect life, limb and prevent significant disability. MSN provides for services that are medically necessary to protect life, prevent significant disability, or prevent the serious deterioration of health. The Medical Safety Net Program does not provide comprehensive health coverage, primary, or preventive care.
A list of covered and non-covered services is available in the MSN Patient Handbook
Are there other resources for health care if I am denied MSN benefits?
There are several resources that may be able to assist with health care and other important needs:
· Most individuals who meet the eligibility criteria for the MSN Program qualify for financial assistance to purchase comprehensive, commercial health coverage through Covered California – California’s online health insurance marketplace. Please contact Covered California at 800-300-1506.
· Public Health referral line: (800) 564-8448. Provides referrals for medical needs including, immunizations, birth control, pregnancy tests, family planning and child health care.
· Partnership for Prescription Assistance: (888) 477-2669. Provides information about programs that may provide medications at low or no cost.
· The County of Orange provides funding through the TSR Program to a number of Orange County Community Clinics to provide low-cost and no-cost health care services to those without health coverage and may include certain services not covered by the MSN Program such as primary and preventive care and routine dental. For information, please contact the Coalition of Orange County Community Health Centers at 949-486-0458
|공지||2016 tax return 에 필요한 8965 양식과 셈플||chman||2016.01.06||30728|
|공지||* 월회비(Gift) 및 Member gift form에 대한 안내||관리자||2016.08.17||11075|
|31||오바마케어 수정 절충안 초당적 추진 주목||chman||2017.08.03||3333|
|30||한국내 병원 건강검진 온라인 예약 웹사이트 ‘Medi2Korea’ 출범 (천하보험)||chman||2016.08.09||9749|
|29||오바마케어 공개 가입 31일 마감 무보험자에 가구당 최대 2085불 벌금||관리자||2016.02.02||9141|
|28||뉴욕, 건강보험료 `전국 1위’||관리자||2016.01.29||14275|
|27||무보험자 1인당 695달러 벌금||관리자||2016.01.29||14251|
|25||오바마케어의 인증을 받은 의료협동조합들의 자료 II||chman||2015.10.26||12337|
|24||오바마케어의 인증을 받은 의료협동조합들의 자료 I||chman||2015.10.26||31290|
|23||은혜 건강검진축제 - 11월 7일 토요일 9 - 1 시 VC 로비에서||chman||2015.10.15||8572|
|22||얼바인 온누리교회 헬스페어 - 11월 14일 토 : 무료건강검진||chman||2015.10.14||18471|
|21||OC 카운티내 카운티 병원 리스트||chman||2015.10.05||9458|
|20||OC 응급실 리스트 - Emergency Room and Urgent Care Center List||chman||2015.10.05||10824|
|»||OC 카운티 주민을 위한 헬스플랜들||chman||2015.10.05||14280|
|18||LA 카운티의 기타 헬스케어 플랜들||chman||2015.10.05||11213|
|17||LA 카운티 주민 대상 무료 의료복지 프로그램 - 마이 헬스 LA (My Health LA)||chman||2015.10.05||30938|
|16||LA 카운티의 무료/저비용 헬스케어 플랜 (LA County No-Cost / Low-Cost Programs)||chman||2015.10.05||12219|
|15||처방약값의 약국별 가격비교 (예) - 할인카드를 이용하니 30% - 80% 절약됨!||chman||2015.09.04||13665|
|14||건강보험료 대폭 인상될듯… 오바마케어에 부담||admin||2015.07.07||10936|